"The best thing about writing fiction is that moment where the story catches fire and comes to life on the page, and suddenly it all makes sense and you know what it’s about and why you’re doing it and what these people are saying and doing, and you get to feel like both the creator and the audience. Everything is suddenly both obvious and surprising… and it’s magic and wonderful and strange."
When I was a kid I thought your 20s were supposed to be fun, not filled with perpetual anxiety about financial stability and constantly feeling like an unaccomplished piece of shit.
That’s because it was fun for baby boomers and they basically gave us this impression it would always be like that, but then they ruined the economy.
"For art to be unpolitical means only for it to ally itself with the ruling group."
- White Co-Worker: That's not how you say it.
- My Dad: But you knew what I meant so why do you have to make a big deal out of it.
- White Co-Worker: Aww come on man, it's funny, lighten up will yah Nestor?
- My Dad: You know I speak 5 languages, right? How many can you speak?
- White Co-Worker: Just English
- My Dad: Tell me something. What does a cow say?
- White Co-Worker: Moo?
- My Dad: That's right, the cows in my country say that too. You know why? They can only speak one language *walks away*
- White Co-Worker: *sheds white tears*